I always envy those mums that just have it together. You know the ones that arrive on time, with a clean and calm baby, with a batch of something freshly made by themselves and still warm from the oven.
This was a hit at one of our recent mums groups. If you don’t have a thermomix, you can get the copies like a Bellini or similar from Target for less than a quarter of the price. Handy for whizzing up batches of baby food as well.
Thermomix Banana Bread
Prep 5 mins ∙ Cook 40 mins ∙ Makes 2.0 ∙ Source Food.com
- 120 g butter
- 140 g brown sugar
- 2 eggs, large
- 4 bananas, very ripe
- 280 g flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 60 g nuts, chopped (optional)
- 120 g chocolate chips (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray two small (mine are 8×3 in.) loaf pans with cooking spray.
2. Beat the sugar and butter together for 15 seconds on speed 4. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the eggs and bananas. Beat the mixture for 15 seconds on speed 5.
3. Add in the remaining dry ingredients and beat on speed 4 for 10 – 20 seconds, just until combined.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared pans and bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
Calories from Fat 99
Total Fat 11.0 g
Saturated Fat 6.5 g
Cholesterol 62.8 mg
Sodium 288.3 mg
Total Carbohydrate 45.9 g
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
Sugars 19.4 g
Protein 4.7 g