If you have a spare 5 mins – OK 6 with cleaning and you’re keen to get rid of some of the nasty preservative numbers in your food.
Give this a whizz! It’s a staple in our house along with a box of celery and carrot sticks, so we have an easy and nutritious snack on hand.
- 1 tin of Chickpeas – drained and rinsed
- Juice of 1 lemon – adjust depending how lemony you like it
- 2 strips of lemon zest – no pith
- 1 garlic glove – peeled
- 2 tbsp hulled Tahini
- 1 tsp Raw honey
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to season
- Put the Garlic and Lemon Zest in your food processor of choice – I use a Bellini – aka Fake Thermomix.
- Process at speed 8 for 10 seconds, scrape down the bowl and do it again.
- Add all of the ingredients except olive oil. Blend on speed 4 for 1-2 mins
- Scrape down the sides and make sure no chunks are stuck under the blade. Add Olive Oil and blend for a further 2 – 3 minutes
- Taste test and add more seasoning or flavour if you need too.
- Eat it! Serve it with Carrot and Celery Sticks, salad, as a spread on bread….My 15 mo has a couple of celery or carrot sticks with hummus when he is teething, tonight he has it to dip chicken into – he’s obsessed with dipping, so cute!
So Tasty and Simple to make.
I store ours in and old jam jar in the fridge. Make sure you add a date to the jar, it has no preservatives so it’s good to know when you made it.
One of my goals was to join our local Food Co-op this week, which I did and I picked up the raw honey there. I’ve been doing Alexx Stuarts Real Food Rockstar online course and the honey was one of the things I switched this week. There is a big nutritious difference in store bought squeezy honey and raw honey – so I’m switching to raw to see how nutrient rich I can make our foods we eat at home. So empowering to start to better understand food and how to make the best food I can for our family.