Having a great drink bottle as a mum is an absolute essential as a mum.
You’ll drink more water when your pregnant to keep your baby healthy. You’ll have one for the labour, because it’s thirsty work. You’ll feel like a parched camel when your breastfeeding and a bottle is at times easier to manage than a glass. You’ll pop one in the pram when you’re clocking up your pram miles and need a break from coffee… Keeping all of that in mind, it pays to invest in a good one that you love.
Here are my top 3…
Camelbak – Brilliant as a no spill option and easy to manage with one hand on the go. This is my daily go to when I’m running around. It takes a bit to get used to drinking out of, so if you’re taking one into your birth with you – practice before you go in so you don’t get frustrated and want to throw it at someones head, just sayin’!
- 100% BPA free durable tritan co-polyester material
- Easy one-handed operation, gently bite the valve and apply suction to drink through the straw.
- No need to tilt the bottle upright, ideal for cycling and other activities.
- 100% spill proof when closed, properly maintained and properly assembled.
- Spare bite valves available to purchase separately.
- Wide-mouth fits ice cubes and makes cleaning easy with the Camelbak bottle brush kit.
- Top loop for easy carrying or clipping onto a bag, belt or pram.
- Top rack dishwasher safe but hand washing is recommended.
Life Factory – Glass, aside from being chemical free, it just tastes better. I love this one for the car or pram. After reading a lot about the nasty chemicals that leech from plastic when it’s left in the heat of the car, I love knowing my water stays clean and pure in this one. I also love that it has a wide enough neck that it’s easy to put some fruit in if you fancy mixing up your flavours.
- BPA, phthalate, PVC free.
- Non-toxic silicone sleeve. Provides a great gripping surface and helps to prevent breakage.
- New flip-top lid for easy drinking.
- With glass there is no chemical leaching and no metallic taste.
- Widemouth bottle make it easy to add ice, etc.
- Bottle and sleeve can be put in the dishwasher together.
Klean Kanteen – Stainless steel, non breakable, sturdy and chemical free.. I love this because it can withstand some serious bumps and bruises and the ring on the lid makes it easy to carry when you’re juggling a baby or toddler.
- Made from high quality stainless steel.
- Caps made from BPA free polypropylene.
- Fitted with a spill-proof sports 3.0 cap. This top is not 100% leak proof – if left on it’s side or upside down when closed it may dribble slightly.
- Does not retain or leach flavours. Safe for fruit & carbonated drinks.
- Large-mouth fits ice cubes, makes cleaning a breeze.
- Responsibly made in China.
The best bit about these three water bottles is that you are doing your bit for the planet by having a reusable bottle and reducing plastic waste. The second best thing about them is they have mini me versions so you can happily match with your bub when they get a bit older. So cute!