The sun is out and summer is almost here. Nothing say summer like eating a delicious cold ice-block. This year I wanted to create my own healthy ice blocks that were not full of nasty additives, refined sugars and artificial colourings.
My homemade coconut raspberries are so easy to make and the kids will love helping you make them. For the big kiddies make them a little more decadent by dipping in dark chocolate and coating with your favourite toppings. You can also change the flavour by adding your favourite fruits (mango, blueberries, pineapple).
Coconut Raspberry Ice-blocks:
1 can organic coconut milk
1 large banana
2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
2 tsp freeze dried raspberry powder
2 cups frozen raspberries
1/3 cup freeze dried raspberries
150g dark chocolate (85% cocoa)
Freeze dried raspberries
Cacao nibs and goji berries
or toppings of your choice
1. Add all ingredients except freeze dried raspberries into a high speed blender or food processor and blend until silky smooth.
2. Pour the mixture into ice block moulds. You can add freeze dried raspberries into your moulds as you pour in the mixture (these create a crunchy sweet surprise when you bite into them). Fill each mould to the top and then place in an ice block stick.
3. Place in the freezer and allow to set overnight.
4. Before you melt your chocolate and remove your Ice blocks from their moulds, place 2-3 Tbsp of your desired toppings (coconut flakes, almond flakes, cacao nibs or freeze dried raspberries) onto a plate or board ready to coat the ice blocks once dipped in chocolate.
5. To melt the chocolate place a heat proof bowl over a pot of simmering water (or use a double boiler if you have one). Place your chocolate into the bowl and allow to melt slowly. Once fully melted remove from the heat.
6. Remove your Ice blocks from their moulds and dip the Ice blocks into the melted chocolate.
7. Then coat with your desired topping, move quickly as the chocolate will harden quickly and the toppings will not stick.
8. Eat straight away or keep in the freeze until ready to eat! They are so delicious you will also enjoy them without the chocolate and/or toppings.
Let us know what you think! You can follow Christina from Reveal Yourself on facebook for more tasty recipes and ideas.